Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How to become less dependent on the automobile

Do you own your car or does your car own you?
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the costs of car ownership? Would you like to be able to give up one of cars in the household but you became so dependent on driving everywhere that you do not know how to do it?

To find out how other people were successful in becoming less dependent on their automobile read TransitGuru’ s most recent blog post. And you will also find some useful tips you can use if you are ,indeed, determined in getting back you independence:


Becoming Less Dependent on the Automobile

A rather routine trip to the grocery store prompted me to write this entry. This trip is routine in that I go to the Market District at least three times a week and pick up groceries or supplies of some type. Until a few years ago, I was thought of as "transit dependent" as I deferred obtaining my driver's license until I was married and had a family. It was thought of as a necessity to have, and to a certain extent, it is. However, with that license to drive, I also purchased an automobile (a rather old inefficient, but reliable one). I began to use it for all kinds of errands, primarily because of the "convenience" of getting items at last minute's notice. Was I actually being "car dependent"? In a way, it was due to lack of planning for my errands

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete